About your Account

Your plan sponsor will help you pay for some of your medical expenses. To do this, they have set up an account for you called a retiree reimbursement account (RRA).* UnitedHealthcare administers this account.

How to get paid from your RRA

There are a few ways you can use funds in your RRA for eligible expenses. Your plan sponsor selects the methods you can use. Those may include:

  1. Paying with cash, check or credit card and submitting a claim – You can file a claim online. It's quick and simple. Log in to submit a claim online or to download and print a claim form. You can mail or fax the form to us.

    With your claim, you must include a receipt that shows:
    • Date of service or purchase
    • Doctor's, pharmacy's or other provider's name
    • Service or product you paid for
    • Amount paid

  2. Using your payment card, if you received one – You can use a payment card only for eligible expenses at offices and stores that accept MasterCard®. You received a payment card by mail if your plan sponsor selected it.

    Even with a payment card, it is important to save detailed receipts that show the information in the list above.

  3. Recurring claims – Some expenses, like Medicare premiums, happen every month. You may be able to submit one form to be paid back for those costs every month for the plan year. If this is so, instructions were in your welcome kit.

*Retiree reimbursement accounts are also known as retiree reimbursement arrangements.

RRAs are administered by OptumHealth Financial Services and are subject to eligibility and restrictions. This communication is not intended as legal or tax advice. Please contact a competent legal or tax professional for personal advice on eligibility, tax treatment, and restrictions. Federal and state laws and regulations are subject to change.

More website tips

You can save time and postage by sending claims to us online. You can also:

Get paid faster – We can pay you back for your eligible expenses from your RRA by depositing money directly into your checking or savings account. This is called direct deposit, and you can sign up for it after you log in.

Use email – We can send you notices about your claims by email rather than paper mail. Log in to sign up for email notices.

Eligible expenses

Your plan sponsor decides what expenses can be paid back from your RRA. These are called "eligible expenses". They may include:

  • Medicare plan premiums
  • Prescription drug costs
  • Copays or coinsurance
  • Dental and vision expenses

It's important that you know what expenses are eligible. Your list of eligible expenses is in the plan document your plan sponsor sent to you. Please remember to always save your receipts. We may need them to confirm that an expense was eligible.